Steps to Getting Hired
Once you have accepted an offer for a teaching position, schedule a new hire appointment with Extension Human Resources.
Schedule your new hire appointment with an EHR representative by visiting the link below (please only schedule an appointment if our team has reached out to you):
Complete the required new hire forms via DocuSign
(To initiate click on the link under "Hiring Forms", complete all the required fields on DocuSign)
- Employment Application
- Personal Data Form
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Social Security Notice
(All areas requesting employee ID will be left for HR Representative to complete.)
- Complete section 1 of the I-9 form using an electronic system to verify your eligibility to work in the United States.
- Complete the 1-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form via DocuSign; our EHR team will email you this DocuSign form for you to electronically upload your required work authorization documents for Employment Eligibility Verification securely for UCLA’s records (due to remote hiring). **
- After completing section 1 of the I-9 form, you'll present your identity and U.S. employment authorization document(s) to an Extension Human Resources representative during your virtual appointment. Click here to view the List of Acceptable Identification Documents (PDF)
Given the limitation of physical presence to complete Form I-9 due to COVID-19, employers are allowed to inspect Section 2 documents remotely over your Zoom appointment.
**Please keep in mind that as a contingency of employment you will be required to present your legal documents in person to be inspected once normal in-person operations resume.
During your meeting you'll:
- Complete the 2nd page of the I-9
- Go over your completed new hire forms
Once you meet with your HR representative your documents will be processed and you'll be officially hired. The estimated timeline to process your new hire documents is 2 weeks.
I-9 Information and Documents:
You are required to complete Section 1 of the I-9 Form using an electronic system to verify your eligibility to work in the United States. You will be receiving an email from <firstname.lastname@example.org> Email subject: Form I-9 for New Hire: Must Complete Prior to Work.